1. Download Google Chrome
You need to download and use Google Chrome to access our Grants System. Click here to download Google Chrome.
Need help? Click here for instructions.
2. Download our Help Bubbles
Using Google Chrome, click here to install Help Bubbles. Click "Add to Chrome" when prompted.
3. Where can we get a Grant Form?
4. What is the Cut-off Date for submitting Grant Requests?
In accordance with the Gambling Act 2003 – Section 110 (2), One Foundation receives Grant Requests on a continuous basis. All signed, original completed and correct Grant Requests must arrive at our offices by 5pm on the last working day of the month, which is the cut-off date.
4.1 Grant Meeting Date
The grant meeting will be held on or before the last working day of the month following the cut-off date.
4.2 Decision Date
The grant decision will be sent out within 4 days of the meeting date.
4.3 Payment Date
Grants are usually paid within a week of the Decision being accepted by the Grantee.
5. What are the Funding Criteria for assessing Grants?
All Grant Requests are reviewed by our Grants Committee monthly. Please read What We Can & Can't Fund (“Authorised Purpose”) for details of what would be considered.
6. Is there a limit to the amount of money that we can apply for?
There is no limit to the amount of funding that you may request. However, the availability of funds will depend on the amount of gaming machine income generated in the area of the Organisation applying for funding, whether the Request is in line with What We Fund, as well as the number of Requests received from the same area in that month.
7. May we apply for something that we have already paid for?
No. We are not permitted to fund items / services that have already been paid for including deposits. All Grant Requests should be submitted at least eight weeks prior to when the funds are required.
8. May we re-apply for funding if our application has been declined?
You are welcome to re-apply if your application was declined, as long it was not declined due to not meeting our funding criteria. You will need to submit a new Request when re-applying.
9. How long does it take for a Grant Request to be processed?
Provided that the requirements in 2. above are met, Organisations will receive a response by the last day of each month (excluding July, when there is usually no meeting due to our June financial year end).
10. May we apply for more than one Grant?
Yes, provided that a separate Request is completed for each application.
11. May we apply to other trusts for the same thing at the same time?
Yes, you may apply to other funding providers but this must be declared on your Request form in the space provided. Should you receive funding for the same purpose prior to our meeting date we must be advised immediately.
12. Do you fund grants in areas outside of your gaming machine venues?
If you are a community-based Eligible Organisation, you are welcome to apply for funding.
13. Do you fund salaries?
Yes, generally funding is limited to three months at a time.
14. Do we need to submit receipts for money spent in relation to our Grant?
You must supply confirmation that you have spent the money for only those items / services that were funded. Please note that your Request may be automatically declined if your Organisation has outstanding Accountability Reports due.
15. Do we have to spend the Grant within a specific timeframe?
16. What is considered a “Benefit to the Community”?
T hese are some questions to ask when considering whether the funding you are requesting could benefit the community:
17. May we spend the funding on items other than those granted?